Ok. So I decided about a week ago that it was time to refinish our kitchen table. And I'm a bad blogger, I don't have a true "before picture" but I think my description will be enough. We bought this table 9 years ago, at a garage sale, for VERY cheap. And somehow, it has lastest us all this time. The chair legs on 4 of the 6 chairs were shot, like broken in half from kids standing on them and just being old and worn. So after MUCH debate, instead of buying a nice new dining set, we decided to just buy 6 new chairs (got a good deal at Garden Ridge) and then I refinished the top (stained it a darker "mahogany"stain--in quotes because I don't think it's very mahogany-ish, but I like it nonetheless) and painted the table legs black to match. It used to be one of those light colored farmhouse pine tables with white legs. Note to self (and others)...it takes quite a few coats of black to cover white paint! But not nearly as many coats as it did to cover the light blue wall in my kitchen when we painted it red (was it 6?!)...I digress. Here's my "after." Yay, it's done and we can eat on it.
Also on the agenda for hmmm....like 2 years, was to make a couple of pillows to match Justin's cowboy room. That took all of a half hour (I can't believe it put THAT off so long!) so here's those that are finally done (and yay for J not peeing in his bed so I could actually have his bed made to take a picture! He's been dry 4 times in the past two weeks, baby steps I guess, yay. He hadn't been dry even once for an entire year. I'm hoping we're turning a corner. A really annoying corner that makes me a grumpy mom a lot of days! Baby steps though. Whew.). Here's his little room, or at least part of it!



9 comments:
I LOVE your table. We just redid our kitchen cabinets black (blog to come) and I have the same table as you but the "before" version. I like the chairs all black and the legs of the table black. The cabinets were such a big job that redoing the table right now doesn't sound too fun, maybe soon though. Oh yeah, Ben has been wetting his bed pretty much every night and he is 3 1/2. I understand how frusterating that is.
Hi Melissa! This is a random comment, but I thought that you would get this message for sure!
If I can post a message about Uppercase Living on your blog, I will give you a free expression (#14796 (or otherwise discussed)) for spreading the word!!! Let me know, and I will email you a file with some pictures!!!
*Love 'Howdy' rope!!!
Your table looks really great. Congrads on getting Justin's pillows made, very cute!
Your table looks beautiful. I love Justin's cowboy room. What a great idea to use the rope.
Melissa,
I love the table! Great job! I also love Justin's room. I wish I had a desire to decorate but since we are still renting I just keep ignoring the boring rooms and blah decore.
Look at you! I'm quite impresed. The table looks great. What a cute room Justin has. I like the curtains made out of bandanas.
wow Melissa good job!!! The table looks great I know how much work it is. I am currently recovering my kitchen chairs, not fun but the result will be hopefully.
Hey, Melissa - Look how creative you are! What a great mom. You look like you have acclimated to snow and cold weather. Are you still a CA girl under all that snow? Love the table, chairs and pillows. Those are great projects when its cold outside. Keep up the good work!
The table looks great! Good job! his cowboy room is cute too :)
Post a Comment