I've added to my food storage today! Yay! It's such a good feeling to come home with those boxes of food after all the work that goes into canning them. I'm just so excited that the church has a link on their website to a pdf file where we can go and type in how many cans of product we want and it totals it on the spot. It's kinda fun to calculate "what if I wanted food storage for 6 people for a year" and it adds it all up. It makes food storage so simple to budget. Yay! If you don't know what I'm talking about and want to read about our church's food storage program and suggested guidelines for family preparedness, go here. It's fun! :)
P.S. To see the pdf file that I'm talking about, go to the above website, then go on the right hand corner and click on "Home Storage Center Order Form" and you can download the file. It's quite nifty--I like it anyway!



4 comments:
Good for you, Melis. Food storage is one of those things I am way into and my parents are not so much.
Because I am pretty sure some kind of disaster is heading our way, and my family will be shooting opossums to supplement the 12 cans of beans we have in the pantry.
Not a bad idea! :) If you're out in the winter areas like y'all are :P Love you all!
That's awesome!!! I have been working on it too...just a little bit...it's all about the money!!
;-) What a good feeling I bet that is to see everytime you pass by those boxes. Your kids look so cute by them!
My uncle was called for emerg. prep. in his ward. You should see how much of this they have in their home. Almost in every closet!!! And the water!!! Huge drums of water!!
Post a Comment