Friday, April 23, 2010

Mr. NSS

While we still are battling daily (and nightly) with Mr. Non-Sleeper Spencer, we have to find the humor in this child. Luckily, we don't have to search much! First, I LOVE that he and Justin play so well together. Lately I've been listening to them eat breakfast (while I'm up feeding Carson) and tell each other knock-knock jokes. I find that really amusing because the jokes are NEVER remotely funny, yet they just sit downstairs at the kitchen table and giggle away. Makes me giggle thinking about it. And then there's the "Mommy's-not-supposed-to-hear-this" phrase from Spencer when Justin gets home from school each day, "YAY! Justin! Let's go jump on my bed!" I have to put on my mean mom face for that one, yet I have fond memories jumping on beds with my Aunt Amy and Uncle Matt when I was a little kid (they aren't much older than me), so it's tough for me to tell my boys, "No!" (quite hypocritical of me, eh?). We've been enjoying the lovely spring weather and they go in the backyard and swing together on the teeter-tottery swing thing forever. It's so cute that they play together so well. I'm praying that it'll continue over the summer! Ah, sibling love!

1 comment:

kelly said...

My kids tell those same kind of jokes. I don't see what there is to laugh about but at least they enjoy it.