I love that Spencer watched conference with me last Saturday and Sunday. We watched it at home on the internet and Spencer would come in and out of our living room and say, "Prophets. Pray." and then fold his arms and sit on the couch as though each talk was a prayer. It's interesting how this little one picks up on the Spirit. This has happened more and more recently as Justin and I have been having more deep conversations about church doctrine. Each time Spencer is listening to us, he'll fold his arms and say, "prayer." It's a testimony to me that the Spirit is real and can be felt if we are in tune and ready for His influence. It also shows me that Spencer understands that we can feel the Spirit when we pray. I've watched him in the middle of a meltdown at the dinner table, waiting for his food, and when I say, "It's time for prayer before we eat," he quiets down, folds his arms and bows his head. It's pretty miraculous, if you ask me. But it's what the Spirit can do for us and our families--it can change us.
Yesterday Spencer saw me turn on the computer and he said, "I wanna watch prophets. Jesus." and proceeded to fold his arms. I flipped on the lds.org site and thought that I could listen again to a talk while paying bills, and was most interested that the reason he put "prophet" and "Jesus" together was because of the picture of the Christus status on the homepage of the site. As soon as he saw the homepage, he started saying "Jesus" over and over. I love how little ones can teach us so much and remind us of the true purposes of life. And I LOVED General Conference. Probably the most ever. All of it. I didn't even fall asleep for one talk (which anyone who knows of my practically narcoleptic tendencies can appreciate)! Truly amazing and inspired of the Lord, just what I needed to hear as usual. And all the text is now available anytime I want to go back and study, yay!
4 years ago



3 comments:
It is great isn't it!? My 18 month old saw a statue in my OB's office that was actually a woman holding a baby kind of in between her legs indian style facing her and she kept pointing to the woman saying "Jesus" and getting really excited. My mom has a few statues with Christ holding children so she associated them. The nurses melted as she was trying to hug the statue and saying "love Jesus, I love you!" Kids are closer to the spirit than I think we give them credit for!
That is so sweet. It's amazing to me the spiritual strength and faith of little children.
HI! I haven't been on your blog in a while so I thought I'd stop by and read for a bit! Isn't it so fun to see the kids learn the principles of the gospel at such a young age, i love it! I can't beleive Spencer is two now!
Hope you're hanging in there okay still, when does the hubby return? Its nice to see you at church still...even if it is just a quick smile:) Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment