Sunday, October 25, 2009

Prophet Monson

I was reading up on today's Relief Society lesson, and not really paying attention to Spencer who was sitting on the couch with me. Then I realized what he kept saying over and over to me: "I want to see Prophet Monson." Realizing that he put the words "prophet" and "Monson" together (as well as another long sentence for a 2 year old!), I was amazed, so I flipped to the front cover of the May 2009 Ensign Magazine that I was reading conference talks from. Spencer then said, "OH, Prophet Monson!" with a very pleased look on his face. Then he saw the picture of President Monson, with his hand held high in the air, waving to others, and promptly said (while slapping the picture of the prophet's hand) "FIVE!!" Oh how I love this little guy we have in our home. Every day brings something for me to rejoice over, and laugh--that's for sure!:)

The quote I was reading from Sister Dibb's talk when Spencer did all of this:
"Now, ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." (Alma 37:6)

1 comment:

kelly said...

So sweet, our little ones sure are small and simple yet so VERY wise!