Saturday, October 24, 2009

2 GB SD card

apparently gets full in about 10 months (at the rate I take pictures) is what I figured out last night. When I ran out of memory. So I only got a few pictures of Justin's "Harvest Hoedown." I think I liked this event better when they called it the "Spooktacular" night instead...not sure why they changed it randomly this year after many years of the other title.

Justin is going to be Darth Vader this year for Halloween. He was bummed that he couldn't wear his mask, since THAT is really what makes the costume. But many people were able to tell who he was anyway. I'll get better pictures at the ward trunk or treat and on Halloween night anyway.

He enjoyed the carnival games:
Lasso the pumpkin:



Pin the crow on the scarecrow:


And (my favorite...where the camera died...)the cup stacking game:


Can you tell that the other people are helping the mummy girl cheat? I felt bad for Justin because he did such a good job but that mom and the other 3 boys were helping her at the end a bit, which is why she won. But Justin did great, I couldn't have made them all stack up right and THEN take them all down, as the game required. I thought it was a cute idea for a game.

Other games included pumpkin bowling (the pumpkin was half cracked when we got to it!), Needle in a haystack (w/ lollipops), apple chucking (aiming at a bullseye), and a haunted house (Justin actually ASKED to go in it this year). We always have fun at these events, and it was nice that Adam had the night off to attend. Fun for all.

2 comments:

melanie said...

One year Carter was darth vader and we made his face pale (not white) and put red eyeshadow around his eyes so he looked like vader without the mask!It worked and he loved it, hope that helps for your trunk-or-treating!

Kirsten said...

I bet that party was so fun!! It gave me cute ideas to do at our party this year too!! I hope you guys have a fun Halloween!