Monday, October 12, 2009

First Snow of the Season

We woke up Saturday to our lawn COMPLETELY covered in SNOW! Yep, in early OCTOBER!! I don't remember ever having snow this early out here. In fact, the earliest I remember is the first Thanksgiving we were here in 2002, my parents drove through it from TX to get here.
Spencer didn't know what to think, but he couldn't get away from staring out the window all day! He was SO excited, as was Justin. It's usually just TOO cold outside to play in the snow when it snows here. And as it was, we weren't out there too long, especially when I realized that Justin didn't have any snow pants that fit, and that Spencer didn't have any boots and kept taking off his mittens!


It was a REALLY fun day though, one of the best I've had with my kids in a long time I think. We just really enjoyed the day. Playing outside, drinking hot cocoa, and ended the day with making a batch of Linda's sugar cookies--pumpkin in shape and color of course (but no pictures of those!). I asked Justin if he had a fun day and he said, "It was the best day ever, Mom." I agreed. What a great day! We just wish Daddy were home with us to play!







3 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute pictures! :) Glad you were able to enjoy the day with your boys. Crazy weather, though! If I remember correctly, only a few more days and their daddy should be home to play... I wonder who's more excited - them or you??? :)

Audrey said...

It looks like you had a very fun day indeed! Those are the absolute best: when you feel it was good and your kids agree. A shining moment for motherhood (or single parenting for that matter)! I hope you have many more (with a husband home obviously) joyful days ahead!

tara said...

Oh my goodness THAT is why I am never leaving California. Even though as I type this it is EIGHTY SEVEN DEGRESS and I'm sitting in a pool of sweat, which is foul.