4 years ago
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Of Ear Infections and Colds
I took Spencer to his 6 month "well baby" check up yesterday. He's had a cold for a week now and hasn't been the most pleasant baby. But I was sad to find out that he has an ear infection. So yummy amoxicillin for him for the next week. He's my first child to have to have antibiotics, so that's a bummer. I knew it would happen eventually (it's a miracle, really, that Justin hasn't ever needed abx), but sad for baby Spencer. We ALL have horrible colds over here, and the baby was the first one to get it (we think he gave his to all of US!). I'm just hoping that we don't have a different cold virus so he doesn't get another cold (from us) right after this one subsides. It's finally "warming up" here; I'm hoping that being outside a little more will help us stay a little more healthy instead of being cooped up inside all day, everyday, sharing germs! Justin has been so excited to have outdoor recess at school this past week; he's come home with eewy dirty brown socks from playing in the sandbox everyday at school! Fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WOW! I am way impressed your kiddos have never needed antibiotics! Way to go on keeping them disinfected...if only that were my story!!!
Let us all know how you do it!
Melissa I am there with you. Chaz, my 10 month old has had either the same ear infection or one a month since November. We have had 4 different antibiotics and figured out he's allergic to amoxicillian in the process. Ear infections are no fun!
Post a Comment