Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween




Spencer was a bit scared at this point:


Halloween was pretty simple this year. Since Adam was working, I took the kids out trick or treating a little earlier than usual. I wanted to get back when it wasn't too dark out, plus I wanted the kids to be able to light up their pumpkin (which I didn't feel comfortable lighting and then leaving at home with no one home). We wandered down and around the neighborhood and Justin got a loot as usual. Spencer stayed in his stroller for our walk around. One of the big drawbacks to our neighborhood is the hills. There's really no possible way for Spencer to walk in his costume up and down the hills, so he sat and was really just along for the ride. He enjoyed his treats (shared by Justin) when we got back to the house anyway, which Justin was happy to share with him. What a good big brother! Spencer was most excited about handing out candy to all the kids who came by the house. Because I had taught him that it was important to say "Thank you" when getting candy, every time a trick or treater came by the house, he yelled "THANK YOU" at each of them. Silly boy. They had fun and have been pretty sugared out since Saturday!
I was bribing Spencer with sweet tarts to put on the horse part of his costume:

Oooh, and there's a picture from our ward Halloween party (which Spencer decided to refuse to wear his costume) and from last Wednesday night when the boys carved our pumpkin while I went to work. We (ok...just me, I) was really glad that Daddy was around this year to carve our pumpkin...since I really don't enjoy all the ick and goo!



No comments: