I was in the doctor's office yesterday, trying desperately to keep Spencer amused while we waited and waited and waited to see a doctor. So besides the "what is that picture of on the wall Spencer?" distraction questions, I decided to change the direction of our conversation.
Me: "Spencer, who is in your nursery class at church?"
Him: "Asher." (He ALWAYS talks about Asher, which is funny because he doesn't hang out with him all that often. Asher must be the cool kid in class!:))
Me: "Who else is in your class?"
Him: "Chloe." (There are two Chloes in class).
Me: "What about Ari? Isn't she in your class?"
Him: [HUGE sheepish grin on his face] "Ari."
Me: "She's in your class too, right?"
Him: "Ari pretty." [big smile on his face] "Ari bows in her hair."
Me....laughing hysterically. Ari is the gorgeous curly red-head (who ALWAYS wears darling bows in her hair) daughter of my friend Brandi, who is also expecting a baby within a week of me. I need a picture of Spencer and Ari together (it'll be my mission to get one soon) as I think she's Spencer's first crush. As I've retold this story to several people, Spencer manages to overhear me and always repeats, "Ari, bows in her hair. Pretty." I love it. And I love that I can have little conversations with Spencer these days. They make my day!
4 years ago



6 comments:
Adorable! Is Ari short for something or is that her full name? Just curious.
Those first conversations are so sweet. You must get a picture of them together.
That's so fun! What a crack up. :)
So funny! Ari is indeed a beauty! He has the cutest little personality coming out.
too cute! oh i love this age!
Now that is TOO funny! She sure is an adorable little girl!
Post a Comment