Friday, October 17, 2008

Vala's Pumpkin Patch '08


Last year was our first year visiting Vala's Pumpkin Patch and I must say, we thought it was practically Disneyland and wished we hadn't waited so many years to go. I was particularly excited to go this year because I wasn't able to jump on the "jumping pillow" or go on the peddle cars last year since I had just had my c-section. But it was a blast (we went yesterday). I told Adam that the jumping pillow is better than any trampoline. I totally want one for the backyard! It was fun to be a kid for the afternoon. I heard some of the other moms saying, "I could never go on this thing unless no one was around!" and I wanted to tell them they were just being dumb because it's the best thing ever! Spencer loved finding all the tiny pumpkins and Justin had fun running around doing Halloweeny stuff. We enjoyed kettlecorn and homemade fudge (I got the yummy heathbar kind, while Adam--the pureist--went with plain. YUM!). Justin has been out of school since Wednesday and Adam took Wednesday through Friday off too. And he's home for the weekend, yay! We enjoyed our day at Vala's while having everyone home and are looking forward to more family time this weekend. Fun times!

Mommy and Justin jumping on the giant pillow:


Justin, realizing that he's too small to reach the peddles of the peddle car:


Justin on the trike track instead:


Duck Races:


Feeling the "icky" bumpy pumpkins:

My little pumpkin aliens:


The mule (or donkey?):


Adam and Justin in the new Husker Corn Maze (They were lost in there for like an hour while I watched the "pumpkin chuckin' cannon" 3 times with Spencer!):



My favorite little boys:

The sign says it all:


Gotta be John Deere:


Corn Teepee:

On the Hayrack Ride:



Spencer LOVED the baby pumpkins in the pumpkin patch (we went home with this one!):


This rocking chair was awesome, and the sign summed up our trip, "Vala's Rocks!"

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

What a fun farm!!! Isn't is SO nice to not be pregnant and be able to do fun things while we are young? I think that jumping thing would have been really fun! I can't believe how much Justin looked like Jonathan (your brother) in one of the pictures. They are both getting so big-especially Spencer! Cute family pictures!!

P.S. Hope you had a wonderful time with your hubby getting some time off work!!!! ;-)

Unknown said...

How fun! And you got so many cute pictures. My favorite is the one of you inbetween your two boys. Absolutely adorable! :)

Kristen said...

Ok, we SO don't have a place like that in Fresno. It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love all of your pictures!