YAY! So, Fresno State was in the CWS this year. And since Omaha is home of the CWS (it's here EVERY year), we were quite excited! We didn't have any expectations for Fresno State, but we were just excited they were coming! Their first game was on a Sunday, but Adam got tickets for their second and third games. He and Justin went...babysitters (VERY UNFORTUNATELY) can be hard to come by in our ward, so I didn't go. But I'm glad they went. Justin is playing baseball through the Y right now, so I think it was fun for him to go see how "big boys" play baseball. My only regret was that I had to work the night of Fresno State's final game against Georgia, so Adam had to listen to it at home on the radio instead (no cable at our house) since he didn't want to drag Spencer to the game. I was in a patient's room, giving a patient some meds while she was watching the very end of the game on ESPN, so I got to see the final catch that ended the game. I was so proud to be a Fresno State grad! It was fun because that patient that I was helping give meds to, her husband was from Fresno, so she had a REAL connection to Fresno State (that NEVER happens!)! She had a reason to be rooting for them than the others who were just because they were the underdogs, the "cinderella story" as they keep referring to Fresno State on the news. Anyway, YAY Fresno State!:) I insisted that Adam take the camera with them to the first game he and Justin attended (against North Carolina), so the pictures below are from that 2nd game, FSU vs NC game. I also have posted some of Justin's baseball pictures.


The stadium at the very beginning of the game (sad, yes):


Fun things to do outside the stadium before the game:


Note the full stadium later in the game:
Justin, trying to be diplomatic as 2nd baseman, chatting with the other team's player!
Hitting the ball...
1 comment:
How fun!!! That is so cool it was right by you guys! I am so sorry that you couldn't go. That's a bummer. I know what that is like though. There aren't very many baby sitters in our ward so calling one really doesn't happen. It sounds like it was a fun Father/Son outing and I bet Justin loved it!
Post a Comment