Friday, June 20, 2008

Missionaries...

So I went out for the first time on a teamup with the sister missionaries last night. I know, it's VERY pathetic that this was my first time, but I'm so glad I went. What a wonderful experience it was to meet this family; this was their first meeting with the missionaries, so we just chatted and got to know them a bit and one of the sisters shared a story from the Book of Mormon. It made me see (in a very small way) why missionaries love sharing the gospel so much. While I'm not sure how "in" to the gospel the entire family was, the kids were like little firecrackers--they swiped up the Book of Mormon that the missionaries left and started reading it instantly. The little girl (7 yrs) started jumping up and down and asking her parents if she could go to church. I've just never seen this instantaneous fire light up someone's life, it was amazing. I hope that I can serve a full-time mission someday. What an amazing thing to do--serving the Lord every minute of everyday.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Amen to that sister! Tonight I went to a YM/YW fireside where the speakers were the couple missionaries who are serving in our ward. This is their THIRD full time mission together. He is 80 and she is 76! They have seven children and every one of them has served a full time mission. I have gotten a booster tonight listening to them. Can't wait until Steve and I can get out and serve! Too fun!

Kirsten said...

That is so cool that you got the chance to go out and do that. I love the spirit the missionaries carry about them and the enthusiasm they share too. What a neat experience...

Audrey said...

Hey- are you guys cheering on Fresno State? How cool is that? GO DOGS!