We went out to visit with the Malan side of the family on May 30 and through the first part of June. Spencer had his first plane ride! Spencer and I flew out on the 30th and then Adam and Justin drove out the next day (Adam was post call on the 30th and needed to sleep!). Spencer did great, and unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him on the plane. Mostly because he slept the whole flight and I was afraid to move and try to get a picture of him, for fear that he'd wake up and scream the rest of the way! There was terrible weather that day in Chicago, everyone who had connections had screwy legs of their flights and so the atmosphere of the plane itself was rather, well tense and grumpy. First class passengers were even telling the flight attendants to shut up when they needed to give their usual blah blah blah at the beginning of the flights. So yeah, we flew with a bunch of grumpy people, but it was seriously the best flight I've been on--NO turbulance, it was unreal...especially out of Omaha, and especially since there had been a bunch of bad weather in Chicago. I guess maybe it's because we dodged it pretty well.
Anyway, Spencer and I got there and were able to go to Kara's high school graduation the next day, along with Jonathan who drove up and graced us with his presence. It was nice to have the whole family around. Adam and Justin arrived in the afternoon and they had a great time. Yay for portable DVD players, that's the only way kids survive car trips in this day and age. All 4 of us drove back together to Omaha and the kids did wonderfully. I think it took us an extra 1/2 hour, making it home in 8 1/2 hours. Not too bad.
As for the pictures we took while there, we didn't take enough of our activities with Grandma and Grandpa, now that I look back through them...guess we'll have to get more when we see the fam again in a few weeks in CA....
We DID, however, visit this fun "wild west town" a few cities away from my parents' house. All in one trip, Justin was able to shoot a sling shot, ride a pony, shoot a bow and arrow, pan for gold, and shoot a cork gun--all of which he'd never done before. He loved it. So here are a few pictures from that adventure.
The pro, showing Justin how to shoot:
Justin's turn (with my mom's hand and slingshot in the background):
Justin's 1st pony ride...and the poor lady in her wild west clothes--it was a HOT day!
Yes, Adam's shirt does say, "I'm probably lying." Those of you who know Adam will know the humor he finds in this shirt. He likes to wear it while he's on call when he has to have patient interaction and can ditch his white coat. Hmm...
YAY! Some REAL fool's gold! I didn't think there was actually any in there but Justin hit the jackpot!
This picture scares me a bit. Maybe it's because I'm one of those moms that doesn't let their kids play with toy guns. It was a big deal that we bought squirt guns last year.
Aunt Kara and Justin:
On the train ride:
Spencer, along for the ride:



1 comment:
How fun!!!! I love adventures like that! So cool! So many questions! First I can't believe Kara just graduated! I feel so old! Where is she headed? Anyway by chance to Utah? Trevor just moved to Utah and started this week...hmmm! (Read this with pensive thought!) LOL! Just kidding....;-) Second, where is this place? It sounds like so much fun! Chicago is only like 4 hours away from here I think. Maybe someday we'll have to try it out! Such cute pictures. Glad you had a fun trip!
Post a Comment