Thursday, July 3, 2008

Innate?

I've decided today that I think dancing is innate. I guess I've always thought of dancing as something a person "learns" of sorts. I turned on the computer and was listening to a variety of music off of myspace today while doing my usual daily computer tasks, checking the bank accounts, facebook, myspace, myfamily.com etc. So I turned on a Natasha Bedingfield song and had to laugh because Spencer started doing a little "dance." Of course when Justin saw this, the whole room turned into a big dance party. Funny. I love my kids.

I've noticed how very important music is to my kids. On Sunday I was taking the kids to church and we had primary songs playing in the car on ride over. Spencer was doing his version of "singing" while Justin hummed a bit. I'd never noticed Spencer "singing" along before and I could tell he can feel the spirit through music and the meaning of the songs, it was an "ah-ha" moment I guess. This continued with him through church--he would get excited when the organ started playing and then whine when it was over. He got quite sad in Relief Society when the closing song was over. He's definitely touched by music, as is Justin, but just differently I can tell. I love when I sing to Spencer and he just sits and stares at my mouth, as though he's saying, "What IS that sound and how does that work?" Maybe Spencer will be my little musician? I've been working with Justin on the piano but he pretty much has no patience when it comes to learning new things, which makes me kinda sad. But we'll keep working at it!

2 comments:

wright said...

So true on music! I just videotaped Keat dancing tonight! Love the pics and hearing how things are going!

Kirsten said...

Ok missie....it is time to UPDATE your blog!! I have been checking to see what you are up to!