Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update for today...

Baby #3 is in frank breech position, basically what my doc termed "jackknife" position...where his fanny is down, head up and feet up. Great. My mother in law was telling Adam on the phone the other day how terribly uncomfortable she was with her baby #5, who was also breech. Not that it justifies my whining, but...well I feel a bit justified!:) And especially since this is breech baby #2 for me!

Having contractions every 4-5 minutes when I was monitored today, I could tell my doc really thinks it could be anytime (yay, I really need this kid outta there at this point!), even though labor is not "progressing." One somewhat creepy thing he told me today was that even though I'm not dilating, that it could still be progressing to "true" labor because it could mean that my incision is opening, as in, from my past c-section. He said he's a firm believer of that since he's seen it before. So while I'm validated in my feelings, THAT little tidbit of knowledge creeps me out. I guess I REALLY need to make sure all my friends are prepared to take my kids at a moments notice, because that may be all the time I have, wow. But life goes on around here, we have a tentative date set for surgery if I don't go into labor early. It's nice to finally have those discussions with the doc. I'm ready! I figure I might as well be up to feed a baby all night, as opposed to just peeing every hour all night long like now. Plus, I'm REALLY looking forward to stopping this whole poking of my fingers! Talk about motivation for losing weight so I'm not a "real" diabetic. TOTALLY don't EVER want to deal with that and am praying that it'll go right away after this baby is born. Can't wait to go back to Body Pump, I'm looking forward to that for now too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hang in there! this has been some kind of tough pregnancy, hasn't it? (that's probably an understatement!) oh, how wonderful it will be to get your body back! I still love reading your blog. Love your candor! Keep it up. It is so refreshing.

Amber Marie said...

what a totally awkward position for a child to be in!!! that can't be too comfortable for him either.

why do doctor's say stuff like that??? what good did that information about your scar do for you or the situation?!? Time for a new doc next time :)

Unknown said...

Oh I am so excited for you to have this baby out of you! Hope it goes as planned and that there are no emergency drop offs of the kids and rushing into surgury. Good luck, you'll be in my prayers Melissa!

Kendra said...

I know you guys go where the jobs are and all that, but I wish you were closer so your family could help you! Be well, and I love you all and am excited for new little second cousin!

Kirsten said...

Seriously Melissa, YOU are the inspiration. I am so excited for you to get your sweet baby here and start a good and hopefully fast recovery. Let us know the minute the baby is born and post lots of pictures!!! Y

ou are in my thoughts and prayers and it is seriously SO exciting for me to see the ticker on the side of your blog getting closer and closer to the end. I remember when your ticker was where ours is now and slowly its getting there. I am thrilled that you guys know where you are going at the end of all this.

Hang in there and I can't wait to see your baby! There is a chance BTW, the kids and I may be able to stop in Omaha this summer at the end of July for a night...are you guys around the third week in July?