I haven't been nearly as good as I'd like to have been about keeping track of everything Spencer says--his language exploded so much faster than Justin ever did that I think it was shocking to us! He has been talking constantly about neighbors and Daddy "mowing the lawn" all the time. So we got him a little bubble mower for his birthday. He is in heaven! He mows the lawn in the house all day! So much so, that I'm afraid to make the lawnmower an outside toy because it'll be cold too soon! So for now we aren't going to demonstrate the bubble portion of the toy and let the mower stay indoors!
Spencer also has been pretending for a long time that other random objects are guitars--items like train tracks usually are his favorite substitutes for a guitar. So we also got him this little guitar. It's great. Although I'm already getting a little sick of hearing the Police's "Message in Bottle," "Love Shack," "Wild Thing" and "All Star" which the guitar plays A LOT. But he loves it so it's ok. I just wish the volume control worked a bit better!!
He really enjoys pretending these days. Pretending to cook, pretending to take care of his "dolls" (we won't tell Adam I referred to Eddie as a doll, k?) by giving them some of his water out of his sippy cups, wearing their clothes (that's where the hat comes from!), and telling them to eat. He's definitely not girly with these dolls though and enjoys pretending to tie their shoes and button/unbutton their clothes...which was their purpose in the first place.
We've struggling for some time with trying to get Spencer to sleep in a toddler bed after repeated completed jumps out of his crib. We thought at the time that a toddler bed would work better than the twin bed that is in his room because the twin bed is kind of high off the floor, plus it's so much bigger from going from a crib. Well, the toddler bed has turned into more of a source of a trampoline and balance beam to turn on/off lights, play in the miniblinds, etc. So most nights we find him choosing to sleep in the twin bed. This particular night, we found him, fast asleep with a book over his face. We thought surely Justin must've been sneaky and done this once he fell asleep, but he told us no and we realized with what a light sleeper Spencer is, he really must've just fallen asleep this way. Crazy boy!
We love this kiddo in our family. He always is full of energy and new amazingly long phrases each day. We feel very blessed to have him in our family.



7 comments:
Oh Melissa, he's so adorable! It's hard to believe he's turning 2. It looks like he enjoyed his birthday celebration! :)
so adorable!!!
Hope you're surviving! :) It was so good to talk to you the other day. I miss you tons!
I love him! He is so cute. Looking at his pictures and reading about him makes me want a little son. SOO cute!
Very cute, Our kids have all loved the bubble mower, we only tried bubbles at the very beginning and it didn't work very well. They love it without though. He is a cutie.
It's weird that I've never seen him. He sure is adorable!
I've been wanting to get that bubble mower for my kids! Glad he liked it.
Post a Comment