Saturday, September 19, 2009

4:30am Realizations

  • The speed limit on I-80 is apparently 60 mph through most of Omaha, not 65 like I had thought. Even though it's 70 mph just west of us, on the way to Lincoln. Seems silly. Only at 4:30am would I probably have realized this...or maybe if I'd gotten a ticket I would've. Thankfully, THAT didn't happen.
  • Choosing a flight for 6 am is really stupid. Really. And I'm worried how I'm going to manage two cranky kids by myself in a month when we travel our 6 am flight.
  • Spencer is very opinionated about what radio music we listen to in the car. These days anything but R &B upsets him. Greatly. This was magnified by our drive home from the airport at 5 am. Huge tears, kicking of my seat, locking and unlocked of his car door, the whole bit. Wow.
  • I really need a more comfy bed for my back and my growing belly. Really. King sized and not as soft as the one we've had for almost 10 years. I'm hoping for January, maybe a Christmas/Anniversary/birthday present? I love those presents all mixed into one. Not really, but well this present would be worth the combinedness.
  • This is going to be a really tough month without Adam. I hope he's going to enjoy his bachelor life in DC and enjoy Walter Reed and listening to boring lectures about tumors. Constantly. For a WHOLE month. BLECH. Glad it's him and not me. I'm just glad I have spies who live around the corner from where he's staying if I need them!:) We'll miss you honey. And your advice about my calling my mom first to whine before calling you to whine about you being gone? Already done. At 8:45 this morning.

4 comments:

kelly said...

At least he let's you listen to music in the car. Micah whines and complains about all music in the car, pretty much.

Kristen said...

I REALLY feel for you. I start to feel whiny when Carl's gone for school a couple nights a week...but if anyone can do it, it's you!! Feel free to direct some whining in this direction. ;)

Becky said...

hah, that was funny...i'm sorry about the lonely month ahead...and i totally understand about the bed. i remember being pregnant and wanting nothing more than a new bed!

Audrey said...

Oh, how terible it is to be pregnant and alone with kids! Very scary times, but if I can do it, you TOTALLY can! I just had to make sure the kids were in bed at bed time so I could have some quiet time to myself. That, and lots of phone calls to Steve. You can do it! Hang in there!