It's hard to believe that this week (tomorrow, Wednesday 12/17/08, to be exact) will mark our 9th wedding anniversary. Weird, really weird. I don't know why really but I guess my head still feels 19 even though my body feels 40! I've been reflecting on this man I call "my Adam" and realize that we've been through a lot and how grateful I am for him. Especially over the past few years. He's grown to be a great husband and father, something as a teen I prayed I would marry someday. The last few years while I've felt more "old lady like" of sorts I've noticed and appreciated more of the little things he does. Marriage really is about all the little things. Like turning on our porch light for me so I don't come home from work at 1am to a dark house. Or the little light in the house that he leaves on too. It makes me thankful for him every time I drive up the street to our house. No matter how terrible my patients were, it makes me feel a million times better to know that he supports me and it makes me love him more. Or how he never complains or tries to pawn Spencer's diapers off on me! Or how he encourages me to get out of the house and do fun things (even if I don't always go) with friends or have some 'me' time. He never calls me when I'm out to tell me the kids are crying or "When ARE you coming home?" He texts me to tell me if he's running late geting home from work or has a SLOW attending reading out with him just so I know what's going on and to plan our evenings. He changes Justin's bed whenever I ask without complaint (since it's a daily task with J's issues) and lathers J up with all his special lotion-potions that we have to do twice a day for J's psoriasis. He loves his boys. I think that's been the greatest thing to watch as we've been married--his capacity to love our kids and me and watch that love strengthen. He truly is amazing and I love him dearly. While marriage is never easy (no matter what anyone says), I'm glad I chose him--I know I chose the right guy. He's handsome, kind, thoughtful, logical, pragmatic, genius-smart, amazing. I've loved watching him love his calling as a youth Sunday school teacher--he truly loves teaching those kids and his time with them. He keeps me sane and compensates for my crazy stressed-outed-ness that can be me sometimes (or a lot of the time, it's just who I am!). The last 9 years we have certainly had our ups and downs, and we've changed a lot but grown a lot. And while things aren't perfect, I'm glad that I get to grow old with him. Happy 9th Adam. Love ya hon.
4 years ago









9 comments:
Wow! Congratulations! Isn't it weird to think that 9 years is so long and yet so short? We will be 10 years in May and that is crazy.
yay Melissa! wow 9 years that is amazing! Happy anniversary to you both! You have a great family!
Amen sister. When you actually look at pictures, it seems like it was eons ago that you got married. But when you think about it, it's like "where did the time go?"
Congrats on making it to #9. Here's to another 90. That may be a little too long here on earth, but I liked the sound of 99. You never know though!
Love the pictures. You're beautiful!
Congrats on your wedded bliss! What a great time to be a family!! Enjoy the many more years to come.
Congrats Melissa! I hope you get your Melting Pot this weekend;) You were just gorgeous on your wedding day, beautiful dress!
Happy Anniversary!! That is so wonderful!! Next year is a big one!! ;-) What a sweet post. You guys are a cute couple! Your wedding pictures are beautiful!
Now, I need a copy of those pictures at the bottom!!!!! We need to seriously have a reunion with all those girls! I can't believe Becca is in the picture too. Little did I know she was going to be my sis-in-law!! Do you mind sending me that?! That was seriously so fun to see. I can't believe how many girls we are still in touch with thanks to blogs. I am glad you have that picture!!!
Happy Anniversary again!!
Congrats Melissa! Wow, 9 years. You guys rock! You still look beautiful!!
congrads. I can't believe it has been 9 years. It was such a big day for MATH! :)
Yes, you were gorgeous on your wedding day. I love that first picture of you two.
So beautiful. You look amazing! Congratulations.
Post a Comment