Friday, December 18, 2009

'Christmas' Morning and #10

(I'll post pictures later, after Jon's wedding and Christmas...)
We awoke early this morning to have Santa visit our home early this year! Today was the only day that we would be able to have us all around to have him visit, and it's been fun. Justin has to go to school now so I feel a bit like he was cheated out of a "Christmas morning," getting to play with his new toys all day, but such is life of a busy family. The kids are enjoying the morning!

Yesterday was our 10th wedding anniversary. Again, it kinda came and went quick, but we were able to celebrate a couple weekends ago when we were able to get a babysitter TWO nights in a row and go out to eat and just hang out--much needed! We really enjoyed The Melting Pot. Even though it's a bit costly, I've decided that it's one of my favorite date places (this was our 2nd visit, the last being our anniversary last year). It's worth the money, in my opinion. Not only is it a ton of food, but I just love having the little room to ourselves, they draw the curtain and stuff, and it's just fun to dip food in yummy sauces and be by ourselves. We really enjoyed ourselves. I'm grateful for Adam. I've learned a lot about life while being married to him and I can truly say that I'm glad to be taking this journey of life with him. If you asked me 10 years ago what I thought marriage and the next 10 years would hold for us, I know that I was basically clueless, in love, and young. I've grown a lot in this time, but I'm glad that Adam and I have had the chance to grow both individually and together. I think after all this time, I can say that I'm comfortable with life, with its challenges, twists and turns, and joys. I'm grateful that I get to enjoy this journey with Adam by my side. It's always funny to me when I know what phrase he's going to say next, or when he knows what I'm thinking without having to say a word. I love that about our relationship. I love watching him with our boys, he's such an amazing dad and those boys just eat up every minute they have with him. I listened to Adam helping Spencer the other day (this might be a weird thing to say, but I almost cried when listening to them, it was so cute and funny) when Spencer asked to use the potty. We're nearing upon potty training, and it really was the cutest thing to listen to Adam giving Spencer instructions. It made me think about how he's grown, how 10 years ago he wouldn't have thought about having to have these types of discussions with a 2 year old, and it would've made him squirm to have them I'm sure! It makes me smile. I love that man so much. I loved listening to him last night snuggle Spencer and wander around the house with him snuggled in his arms, pointing out stockings, the plate with cookies for Santa, and just the general excitement and itinerary for today. I love Adam more and more each day and glad we get to be together forever.

6 comments:

The Chuck Smith Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad you got to spend some time together.

Unknown said...

is is dumb that this post brought tears to my eyes? This was such a beautiful post. You are an amazing woman, Melissa.

Kristen said...

Congrats, I can't believe it's been 10. That's amazing and fabulous. Oh and I'm insanely jealous that Spencer is digging the potty...why oh why won't Connor just give it up and use the toilet? The week he was on board with it was a beautiful time and now so long gone. Good luck!! May Spencer be a much better and longer-lasting pupil. :) Merry Christmas!

kelly said...

Heartwarming post!

Becky said...

oh, that was a beautiful tribute! i'm so happy and glad for you both!

Yasmine said...

Has it really been 10 years? I remember when you guys got married. Crazy. Congrats!