After last minute plans were made (and Adam actually had the weekend off) we decided to up and travel to St. Louis to be with my mom's side of the family for the weekend. And I'm SO glad we went. We had such a good time and got to see many family members that we hadn't seen since, hmm, our wedding (almost 10 years ago) and got to meet some newer additions (cousins/grandkids and a newer cousin-in-law) to our family. So great. We had a fun time seeing the St. Louis Arch, eating at pi (the restaurant that Obama has deemed the "best pizza") and just enjoying the company of family. Adam commented how he had fun with this side of the family (NOT as though he doesn't with the Malan side, but he's just spent more time with them through the years). A good time. I drove the nearly 7 hours there (Adam had just gotten off of call, and truth be told, studies have shown that residents who drive after being on call have worse response times than drunk drivers. Excellent. I'm glad he wants us to be safe, and well, alive!). I don't think I've ever driven 7 hours before. Maybe 4 on one of our Chicago or our Michigan trips, but I now have a real appreciation for his driving us through the years! He was wonderfully rested for our trip back and drove home luckily!! Thanks to all the family that made it out and to Jenn and Jason for having us over. We had a blast! It was a much needed quick get-away!



Beautiful Aunt Kara and the boys:
Looking out at the top of the arch:
Cousins, back together after 15ish years:

1 comment:
We are so so glad that you guys made the incredibly LONG trek to see all of us!! It was so fun to get the gang together--I can't even believe that it had been almost 10 yrs. since I've seen you!Love you all!
Post a Comment