Thursday, May 14, 2009

Face to Face

Adam and I went and saw Elton John and Billy Joel Tuesday night in their "Face to Face" tour. And while it might sound VERY dorky to see them, it was truly AMAZING. They had two grand pianos that popped out from under the stage and they faced each other and played each other's songs, took turns in singing duets and were simply amazing. They played for 3 1/2 hours, taking turns during the concert to each play solo for a length of time, but their voices and piano playing really was something that I'm so glad to have witnessed. Awesome. I was quite disappointed in the people picketting outside the Qwest Center, with signs that were beyond inappropriate. I clearly don't agree with Elton John's lifestyle, but I was so offended by the signs that people were holding up. Such vulgar language. It was an interesting thing for me to ponder on the fact that these people held up signs about God not liking Elton John and yet they were saying such un-Christlike things about others. But besides all THAT nonsense, it was a lot of fun. I've never seen such a packed place--not even one empty seat in the 18,500 seat arena. Nuts. Adam and I decided that we wished it were easier to get babysitters so we could go to concerts more often. Ahh, hopefully someday! But for now we're just enjoying the moment!

1 comment:

kelly said...

It doesn't sound dorky at all to me, I love them! I bet that was an awesome concert.