4 years ago
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Attempting
to do Couch to 5K. Today was day 1 and I will probably die a horrible death of soreness tomorrow, but hey, I'm trying anyway. I wish I could say that I followed the plan exactly and was able to alternate running a minute and walking 90 seconds for the entire 20 minutes but...it was an attempt and the fact that I ran/jogged at all was good! And I'll keep attempting it hopefully until I can run a 5K...might take an entire year to accomplish!! I think it's a good thing. My body needs it! It'll be more fun when I can go outside though. Me and treadmills don't do so hot and I have to hang on for dear life (yes, it's a pretty pathetic thing to watch!). Don't know why I can't balance on the darn things, but that's ok. Like I said, it's an attempt!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Good for you!!! You should do Race for the Cure in the spring. I am pulling for you! Way to go!
yay for running! make sure to give it a fair shot cos the beginning is always the hardest. then next thing you know you'll be addicted and running marathons. :) any tips let me know. i'm happy to help anyone love it like i do!
I want to do this with you, I NEED to do this with you, and I think that it is something I can actually DO! You are awesome, and congrats on starting!
That is so great! And I hear what you're saying about treadmills. I would rather run in circles than on a treadmill! You are gonna be awesome!
Probably one of the few good things about pregnancy, they don't encourage you to run. :) Of course come July or August, I'll have to come up with another excuse...Good for you for getting up and doing it though!
You rock! I totally loved and hated running. I loved how I felt so strong after, but hated feeling like the biggest baby while running. I so hated getting ready to go. That was the hardest part for me.
You should post regularly about jogging so I can live vicariously through you. I have deep couch roots lately. ;)
good job! the soreness will go away :) eventually! :) hang in there! good for you!
Post a Comment