Firsts for the week:
*We woke up this morning to the first snow of the season. It's all melted now, but it was quite a sight to see. Justin was so excited, he was jumping up and down! He wanted to know when he could go sledding and was sad to hear that the snow would be melted by the time church was through this afternoon. I told him there would be more snow soon enough. I'm sure of that!
*First turkey. Amazingly enough, my turkey turned out, was tasty--cooked but not dry, moist but not going to cause us all to come down with a case of listeria or salmonella. I don't have pictures of him, but I now feel like I can 'do' a turkey if I need to. I was freaking out while I was at work Wednesday because this 14 lb turkey was still frozen, even though I took Tom out of the freezer on Monday morning. With a little dunking in a sink of water during my shift (thanks to Adam) he was perfectly thawed when I came home at midnight...and was fine when we stuck him in the oven at 8:30am on Thanksgiving morning. Thanks Mom for helping me with Tom. It was fun to experiment with the spices...not so sure that the paprika done any 'special browning,' but that's ok. He turned out great! Here's a picture of two turkeys. Justin sure had fun running around in the backyard with Matthew! I'll have to post the other Thanksgiving pictures when I can get them from my Dad!
I forgot to post this picture when Justin lost his first top front tooth on 11/17. The story goes that a girl in his class, Savianna, gave him a big hug and he fell down (she knocked him over) and his tooth came out at lunch recess. Justin was sent to the school nurse's office who put his tooth in this little tooth treasure box for Justin to take home. It was cute. Special mention should be made that Justin was quite annoyed with the Tooth Fairy the next morning. She only left a dollar, and Justin was hoping for MUCH more so he could have money to buy people Christmas presents. Justin has been furiously wiggling his other teeth. He thinks that's a better way to get money than having to do chores and EARN it! Ha! I told Justin to watch out--the Tooth Fairy might only leave 25 cents the next time if he complains too much!
And then the other cutie...who for the first time (and with really the first opportunity this year) is yanking all the ornaments off our Christmas tree. The poor tree...it's getting more bare every day!



2 comments:
I cannot BELIEVE that is Matthew! What in the world has happened. It's like 10 years have passed or something... :) Congrats on the golden bird!
Your boys are so cute. Their enthusiasm over snow must make the cold season more bearable.
Post a Comment