Yeah, I know we're into August now but I just took all the pictures off my camera for the month...all 600 of them, yes 600. That's just SO overwhelming to go through! So I'm starting with July 4th! Adam had to work (what else is new) so we had our 4th celebration a bit early, lit off some fireworks, mostly just watched all the nutty illegal fireworks that everyone has here in Omaha (they go to MO or SD to get them...so we hear) that people set off in the neighborhoods. SO fun. We love this time of year here. Fresno doesn't know what 'real' fireworks are apparently (something we didn't know until we moved here either!)! I remember how freaked out we were when we moved here because it's like the 'Crazy 4th' for 2 weeks before and a week after the real 4th...just one big party; Justin refused to go to bed most nights during that 3 week stretch and would stare out his window at all the neighbors having fun, nearly blowing their hands off. Who can blame the kid...I was watching from my window too!:) Anyway, on the 4th I took the kids to (what has become) our family tradition--watching the annual Ralston Days fireworks over the golf course in Ralston. This is a free event that they do every year and I still think it's the best fireworks show around. So we staked out our spot an hour before sun down, it was fun. Spencer just stared and stared at all the sounds and light. Justin just wrapped himself in our blanket (Kristen, does it look familiar?:)) and watched. Fun times. I'm looking forward to having Adam around next year on the 4th...it's one of his favorite times of year out here too. Oh, and we also went to the Ralston Days parade (silly us, it was our first year...I'll prepare better next year by bringing bags so Justin can get candy and stuff that the parade-ers throw out. I'm sad it's taken us this many years to figure out the parade fun--biggest annual parade in NE--but now we know!). And Adam didn't think I'd dare attempt this event without him around, ha, I'm learning to live like a single mother and am surviving just fine...sort of.
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment