Tuesday, July 29, 2008

8 Things...

So, I'm while I'm sitting here listening to Spencer scream himself to sleep (he's still very confused on what time it is since getting home from our CA trip...) I might as well do this.... (and yes, I'll post lots of pictures from our trip soon...it's a bit overwhelming because of the vast amount of pictures and the tons of stuff we packed into our 10 days. I'll get to it another day!)

8 things I am passionate about:(this is not in order of importance, but is just a list)
1. My family
2. My religion
3. Being a mom
4. Nursing...my profession, no, not breastfeeding (although that IS a good thing...)
5. Being opinionated (it's a good thing to have an opinion...most of the time! Ha!)
6. Music
7. Learning
8. Planning, Goal Setting, List making

8 Books I Have Read And Enjoyed
Sadly, this was a hard one...I haven't done a whole lot of "for fun" reading the past few years so I really had to dust off my brain...
1. Twilight Series
2. Work and the Glory Series
3. Just about anything by Jack Weyland
4. 6 Events (by Covey)
5. Little Women
6. Believing Christ
7. Making Marriage Work (by Gottman)
8. The Great Gatsby

8 Words/Phrases I Say Often
1. Juuustin (various tones of voice for this one...)
2. Hmmm
3. Hon, Honey (to Adam. Hmm, and I say it to my patients too. Particularly the little old ladies that are cute...it just kind of flows from my mouth!)
4. Stay in your bed (said about a thousand times a night to Justin...I guess it's payback because he used to go to bed without complaint or difficulty as a baby/toddler)
5. Bunny (somewhere I started calling Spencer by this, I know, it's kinda weird)
6. I've had enough (usually followed with a giant sigh!)
7. Justin, bed, now! (I just said it, dang it!)
8. Mommy needs a nap

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die (in no particular order)
1. Become an artist (yeah, I list the impossible, I know!)
2. Get rid of the ridiculous amount of student loan debt we have
3. Have more kid(s)...preferably 2 girls. Yes, I need girls.
4. Go on a mission, with or without Adam...he's not so sure he wants to go on another one, so I might have to when I'm old and gray-haired and a widow!
5. Play the organ perfectly with pedals ALL THE TIME!:)
6. Write a book. Not sure what about yet, but I have time to figure that one out. Maybe it'll be my memoirs! Haha!
7. Learn a few other types of nursing, maybe OB next?
8. Learn Spanish proficiently

8 Things I Learned This Past Year:
1. C-Sections really aren't bad...not near as bad as I'd imagined
2. We all go through similar stuff...even when we think we are the only one suffering through a trial, someone else right under our noses often is going through the very same thing, even when we think/hope no one else is.
3. I've missed many of my 'old' Fresno friends dearly
4. Diets are stupid. I can go out of town and eat crap for a week and not gain a pound but I can stay at home and eat carrots and celery for a week and stay the same weight or gain a couple. Whatever! (ooh, add that word to the 'words I say a lot' list!)
5. Kids are so different with their own little personalities and mannerisms. It's amazing how different two sons can be (my own).
6. I love being out of an apartment and in a house.
7. I've come to really love Omaha.
8. I wish we had more YW in our ward so that I can have more readily available babysitters!


8 places I want to see:
1. France
2. Italy
3. London
4. More of the Caribbean...I can't get enough of it!
5. Austrailia
6. Hawaii
7. Washington state
8. Oregon

8 Things I Miss:
1. California fresh fruit stands, specifically, strawberries
2. Going to the gym when I want without two kids in tow.
3. Having Adam home...he's gone way too much these days.
4. Having a backyard pool. A real pool. None of this silly dough-boy type fake stuff they call pools out here. A real pool with a diving board.
5. Being able to just 'up and go' to the movies, shopping, or wherever without making sure we have a mini child/infant section of Target in the trunk of our car with us!
6. Pismo. It's only been 3 days and I already miss that wonderful sea smell and light breeze in my face. The central CA coast is beautiful.
7. The 'real' mountains. Again, we just saw them last week, but my pine candle from Yankee Candle doesn't do Shaver Lake justice.
8. Long naps, sleeping in, well...sleep in general is nice!

8 things I currently want/need:
This is mostly a want list because I think I have most things that I need...but item #1 is almost a need I'd say...
1. King sized bed.
2. Our backyard fenced
3. A personal trainer...I need motivation!
4. A weekly massage. Preferrably on Thursdays after I work and my back is tired of lifting people.
5. A new SUV. Our Camry needs to hang on another 3 years....
6. Stamps. It's been a long time since I've bought from Carry, my Stampin' Up bud.
7. To finish decorating poor Justin's room. Poor kid, it's been a slow process. It's a matter of just pulling out the sewing machine and staying up all night one night to do it. Maybe I'll psych myself up to doing it when Adam is gone to CA for his boards review course....
8. A new duvet/comforter set for my (imaginary) king sized bed. I started off the summer by painting my room (finally!) but I haven't decorated...I really do want a new bed...see #4 for an explanation why!:)

8 People I Want To Tag
I'm not much of a tagger, but feel free to do it! Warning, it's a long one!

3 comments:

Walker family said...

Thanks, Melissa! Fun to get to know you even better!

Kirsten said...

You and I are so similar it isn't even funny. Someday we need to live by each other, ok? ;-) I am with you about personal trainers, gaining weight by eating carrots, wishing there were more YW to babysit, loving Shaver and Pismo, wanting my husband around more, wanting massages, love Twilight!, ok...the list goes on and on. It WAS fun to get to know you better and I can't wait to see all your fun pics from your trip!!

Kristen said...

Hi. I miss you. I just wanted to say that. We got a job offer for that job in Topeka but turned it down (sorry, I guess there is such a thing as too much research...Topeka didn't pan out well). Ok and did your desire to write a book suddenly reappear when you read the Twilight series? I TOTALLY want to write a book.