Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bedroom Successes and Failures

I shouldn't say failures because I still have high hopes....but...Ugh. So we rearranged the kids bedrooms yesterday. With MUCH debate, we decided Carson needed his own room, so we turned his room into a play room and then put Justin and Spencer in the same room, bought them a new dresser and chest of drawers and we bought a trundle for under the daybed Justin sleeps on. The trundle is now Spencer's bed. And after lots of giggling and talking, they "big boys" finally fell asleep at 10:30 pm. Spencer woke back up at 3 am and came charging into our room yelling, with Justin right behind him, but I was able to get Spencer back to sleep and Justin's sleep followed again soon after. I was worried that they'd wake up Carson, whose room is right next door, but somehow they didn't (whew).

To add to the insanity (so we thought) we moved Carson into his crib last night, from his bassinet that he'd been sleeping in in our bedroom. I figured we'd just have all the sleep torture at once. Carson fell asleep at little before 9 and didn't wake up until 7:30am!! I hooked up our baby monitor because I was ultraparanoid (hadn't gotten that out til yesterday) that Carson would wake up and I wouldn't hear him across the hall (very illogical), and so when I hadn't heard a peep from him at 7:30, I went in to check on him. There he was, in his crib, staring at the stars on his new crib bumper (bought new bedding for him too, I figured boy #3 needs a few new things!) and sucking his thumb. When he saw me looking at him, he got this giant smile on his face like he does every morning when he wakes up. Ahh, I just love that kid so much! I suppose it's fitting that I have one kid who wakes up ultragrumpy and one that wakes up ultrahappy. Hmm, maybe they're supposed to offset each other, kind of call it even?

4 comments:

kelly said...

Ahh, memories. When we had 3 boys and the 3rd was a baby we had the exact same set up and it ended up working great. Now, all 3 boys are together and most of the time it's perfect!

Amber Marie said...

so. not. fair. that is all i have to say to you. but i'm very happy for you that carson is such an excellent sleeper! I bet- or hope- Spencer's sleeping habits improve now that he will wake up and see Justin still sleeping :)

The Chuck Smith Family said...

Biggest mistake of my life was moving Eli out of his crib. I hope it works out better for you and Spencer! Tell the boys hello for us.

Unknown said...

Oy, I keep putting off transferring Jacob into to Tyler's room, I jsut don't know what to expect! I'm glad that Carson is cooperating...so far ;)