Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I've joined a new club


Adam and I sort of made a pact when we married that we'd never own a minivan. Ever. And so it is with a tinge (a VERY small tinge) of saddness that I report that we went back on that pact. When my mom was out here helping us after Carson's birth, we ran out the first night she was here, had her babysit, and got ourselves a 2010 Odyssey. There is no denying it--the car is HEAVEN. We had looked at Pilots, Sequoias, Traverses...and minivans. And in the end it just made SO much more sense from storage space, to carseat logistics, to drivability, to price. Adam (who won't EVER admit it) loves this car, and for the record, it WAS HIS idea to get this car!:) But even happier news, we were able to get rid of our Camry, which was likely on its last leg. After almost 10 years and us putting nearly 100,000 miles on it, it was time to say goodbye. So long Camry. We've moved up in the world!:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the post! I think I'm going to have a similar one in June... I have never, ever wanted to be a minivan owner, but I think I'm gonna be... :)

Amber Marie said...

haha, i think there are a lot of couples who made that pact at some point and then broke it! i rode in heather's while in fresno at christmas and i couldn't help say, "heather, you're driving a minivan. how weird!!" :) they make them pretty good looking these days though. that's not yo'momma's minivan!

Kristen said...

LOVE the mini. Aren't they wonderful? Not as sweet on the eyes but so functional it's ridiculous! :) And so I say welcome, welcome to the club! :)

Audrey said...

Welcome! The next club to join will be the "I don't even want to think about what's in the back seat" club. It may take you a while because it's brand new, but it will happen!

Get your minivan swagger on!

kelly said...

We said the same thing and now I love my mini van!

Unknown said...

I'll admit...I'm slightly jealous of your new mode of transportation. I always said i wouldn't join the club either, but now that I'm on my way to three kids I am realizing it makes A LOT more sense. I've been liking those Odysseys lately.