Monday, September 22, 2008

So much...

on my mind.

Here are all the activities swirling in my head as of this very minute...

I just planned an Enrichment meeting at my house on Thursday, and I'm afraid it won't be done in time for Grey's Anatomy's season premier. Stupid me (yeah, priorities...)

Spencer is ONE! Wow, can't believe the time has flown by. What HAVE I been doing? Oh that's right, tending to HIM! Nope, not sleeping.

Spencer is walking too...SO cute. And he started waving. And he said what sounded like "ball" after I did today. Fun. I love this stage...even if he's trying to break all the child locks off of my kitchen cupboards.

Justin was hilarious (if I do say so, even if I'm a bit embarrassed about it) on Sunday at the Primary program. Covered his ears and yelled his part into the microphone--didn't want ANY help from his teacher trying to whisper in his ears he did!

Hmm, Super Saturday ideas that are cheap...?

Yum, so glad I just made banana bread out of those blackened bananas sitting out. It's the best smell in the whole world (banana bread is...NOT rotten bananas!).

Adam is gone, again. Will I ever get used to this? Probably not. Can't wait for nighthawk so he won't EVER have to be gone from me at night again. Three more years...well, 2 years, 9 months. I need a ticker for that one. I secretly wish I weren't counting down the days in my head but it's impossible.

Our grass is green, finally. Yay for the giant downpour this morning as I was dropping off Spencer to a friends' house and going off to help in Justin's class. I looked like a sick cat walking into his school.

Helping in Justin's class was a blast, I love doing it each week. I really feel for his teacher though, some of those kids...well, they just need a ridiculous amount of help (much more than Justin, shocking!), makes me wonder if some should've repeated kindergarden. Hmm.

Excited that Adam will be post call tomorrow. Hopefully since it's a non-trauma night he'll get 3-4 hours of sleep so we can go to lunch like we do on school days when he's had a little sleep on his post call days....I'm praying for it.

Sad about my good friend. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I never thought I'd know someone this young. Ugh. And I'm SO sad because I won't be able to go visit her anytime soon with Spencer. Spencer had his shots today, one of which is a "live vaccine" (the varicella aka chickenpox shot) so he can't be around chemo-receiving people for a month or two. Poor girl, I can't believe she's going through this, it's just shocking. It already spread to some of her lymph nodes. And while I have faith that she'll get through it, it's just nuts. I'm hoping to go to chemo with her next week if I can find a sitter for Spencer. Chemo is just nasty, it creeps me out every time I administer it to patients. Never thought it would be one of "my own" so soon having to go through this crap.

Thinkin' about my sis, off to college in Idaho. It's weird how fast time flies, it still feels like I'm 18...and then I look in the mirror and well, it's just sad. My high school reunion was last Saturday, and I was bummed that I couldn't go out. While high school can be pretty crappy, I really enjoyed the people I knew there. My senior year wasn't the best but that's because my heart was elsewhere, my feet were chopped into and I was in a wheelchair for a month, and my friends were all going different directions without me it seemed. But I learned a lot from my time at Bullard. I still think my sophomore year was my fav. Junior was pretty good too. Just crazy to think I'm this old. I do miss those Lawless friends, funny how important those middle school years were.

I'm thinkin' I'm ready to start a "real" quilt. SO GLAD that we dropped off the quilts 2 weeks ago, or rather, that I finished my monster of a quilt. Boy that was a project. But now I want to learn to quilt by hand, that's what I want to do.

Will post some pictures later. I wish they uploaded quicker on this darn website, but they don't and I don't like sitting around waiting for them to upload! RRRGGG! I will get the hang of this blogging someday soon hopefully. I need to post Spencer walking and his birthday celebration that we had Friday...a day early since Adam was gone on his real birthday.

Enough. My brain has emptied its contents for now. Maybe I'll go watch olympics repeats. I LOVE the DTV box (we don't have cable and I'm finding I do without quite well, even if I DO miss Jon & Kate...) because it has 2 channels for every network. The 2nd NBC channel shows "Universal Sports" which right now is olympics reruns. So fun to see the stuff I missed the first go-around, yay for DTV box!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I am sorry about your friend...that is not easy at all.

I sometimes feel like you are me...I still have to email you back. I hope, I hope you get to go to lunch with your hubby. Things like that help get through those call nights. I am with you there. I envy you...you are closer to the end of residency than we are! Lucky girl! Don't you wish residency didn't have to happen in the whole process? Yeah, me too! Anyway, I am rambling but it was interesting to think that you are thinking about lots of the same things as I am! Have a great day!