Dinner is on the stove, but I thought I'd just take a moment to say...
LAST YEAR OF RESIDENCY HAS BEGUN!!!!!! YIPEEEE!!!!
Can you tell that this makes me VERY HAPPY??!! Because it does. And while Adam has decided to do a fellowship (booo!) I know that it won't be ANYTHING as stressful or time comsuming as residency and for that I'm truly grateful.
I was thinking the other day how naieve I was when we started this whole thing, 22 years old with a little 2 1/2 month old to take care of. I had the mindset of "once we get through med school it'll all be EASIER from there." Boy was I stupid. Wrong. And naieve. But I'm SO glad that Adam chose the specialty that he did, can't beat the hours and the way call is set up. And the money will pay off student loans (until Obama-care changes things in a few years anyway), that's good. And even residency could've been much more torturous. I think I've blocked out his first year, internal medicine year, of residency because that was so terrible, he was gone all the time. A bout of PTSD for me, truly. This truly has been a journey. We've been getting sentimental over here, thinking of selling our house, moving onto a new life in a different city and all the change that will bring. We've come to love this place and our home, it's going to be tough. Would I do this again? No. I can honestly and adamantly say that. Being a doctor's wife (through the actual schooling years) is not for the faint of heart and I'm glad that we can almost check this off our list of things we've survived. But we've learned a lot. A. LOT. I'm grateful for that. And I love my husband more as I've watched him change and grow. Only one more year to go babe, then it'll be "all roses" from there...haha. Right? :)
4 years ago



6 comments:
What a wonderful post. I got a little tear-y over here. What well-penned sentiments. Way to go and good luck in this last year!
wow!! Congrats to you guys I can only imagine! Its going to feel so weird to be DONE with residency as its been your life for so long!! Hang in there there is some light at the end :)
ps your kids are adorable! I think Carson looks so much like you!!!
Oh Melissa,
i am totally feeling the internal medicine pain! I think we are on the downhill slide to Deanna's pit of despair here...hopefully we will survive and live to climb out of the pit!! Glad you are where you are though...and I'm glad I was there for a little bit of it and got to know you!
congrads to both of you! loved seeing your travel pictures. looks like you guys had a fun-filled trip!!
now to texas right?!?
I came across your blog and wanted to express how sad I was to hear the news about the loss of your husband and the injuries of your sweet boys. I grew up with Adam's family Pam and Rick Smith. I knew Adam as a child as well as his brothers. We were in the same ward in Clovis and when they moved up to the mountains they are in my Dad's Ward.
I pray the spirit will be with you to bring you comfort and peace in the days ahead. I pray for a fast recovery for your boys. Hold to the teachings of the gospel knowing the Lord loves you very much. I know we do not always understand the reason why things like this happen. Just know there are many who are concerned and are praying for you. Many you don't know, I hope you can feel that strength.
Love from your sister in the Gospel, (((hugs)))
Christi Williams
This might be too soon, but maybe it can help.
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment