Monday, July 19, 2010

First Stop, Laguna Beach

And the travel log begins.... (Beware, there will be a million pictures over the next few posts. My blog book will be happy but my readers will likely be bored. Sorry!:)

This was Carson's first plane ride, from Omaha to Denver, then Denver to Orange County/Santa Ana. He did quite well. Thank goodness for spit up rags and fists to chew on!

Then we spent the next couple days at Laguna Beach with the Malan side of the family. It was great fun!
On the rooftop, dinner at Ruby's the first night. Yum!
Spencer with Aunt Alyson:

The next two mornings, we ate our breakfast on the roof of the hotel.


Our morning walks on the beach (no shells to be found!)


Did I mention that it was COLD?





Tide Pools:

Beach fun:








"Minute to Win It" evening games:




Swimming:


The Malan grandchildren, with a couple great-grandkids. There are 39 grandkids (I'm the oldest grandchild), 9 great grandkids, and 7 spouses of grandkids. So this wasn't everyone by a long shot! Plus 2 grandkids were on missions (but just got home within the past couple weeks). I have cousins who are younger than my own children...so it can be a bit confusing to non-family members!:)

Grandpa and Grandma Malan with their 8 children:



The Big Malan Clan (minus a few that were there but couldn't be found at picture time, and a few that weren't there):


The only family picture I could get with J & S somewhat smiling, Carson asleep, and me with goofy hair and drool all over my shoulder. *SIGH*


Family Highlights on the last day (this is when we got a sunburn!):

And of course, the sun came out just in time for us to leave! But that's ok, we had a great time!







Next up...Disneyland....

5 comments:

kelly said...

I want to go to Disneyland so bad! I am reading a biography about Walt Disney right now and it is making me want to go to Disneyland even more! Your trip is looking pretty amazing.

leean robinson said...

Loved seeing the pictures from Laguna Beach. You should post a few of these on the Malan Website. Fun to see your cute little family at Laguna Beach. Too many family members and not enough time. Never really did get a chance to chat with you. Glad you a fun and very full CA trip.

The Tubbs Family said...

great pics melissa! Your kids have gotten so big and are adorable!!

wright said...

What a fun trip! I love the pics on the beach.

Unknown said...

Visits to the beach should NOT be cold. Looks like that was a fun family reunion!